- Monitor your accounts and monthly statements to ensure their accuracy.
- Never put outgoing mail that may contain checks or tax documents in your mailbox at home.
- Every year, order copies of your credit report from each of the three major credit bureaus to verify their accuracy.
- Keep a checklist of the critical items stored in your wallet, purse, laptop and/or PDA.
- Thoroughly shred documents containing any personal information before disposing of them.
- Only order from Internet sites that use secure methods of obtaining personal account or credit card information.
- Never write your Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your ATM/Debit card. Never write your Social Security Number or credit card number on a check.
- Always log off after an online banking session.
- Remove passwords, PIN numbers and identification cards containing your social security number from your purse or wallet.
If you suspect your identity has been stolen:
- Immediately file a report with your local police.
- Call the Federal Trade Commission at 1-877-ID-Theft.
- Contact the three major credit bureaus to place a fraud alert on your record.
- Maintain a log of each contact with authorities.
or contact your EZShield Resolution Specialist at 1-888-4-EZShield