DELUXE PROVENT COMMON DEFINITIONS
"Affiliated Persons" shall be limited to:
- The spouse or domestic partner of registered Customer (where "domestic partner" is defined as any person living in a legally recognized domestic partnership with Customer in their state of residence; provided that, this definition does not affect the location in which the Service is being provided as set forth in the Deluxe Provent Terms and Conditions of Use).
- Dependent children under the age of 21 who live with Customer and dependent children under the age of 25 who are full-time students, as determined by IRS dependency requirements.
"Content" means electronic copies of legal and personal documents, medical records, music and video files and other items stored in a Customer's Deluxe Provent Vault.
"Customer" has the meaning set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.
"Delegates" means individuals registered by Customer in connection with the Deluxe Provent Vault Service who are authorized and licensed to access the Content stored in Customer's Deluxe Provent Vault.
"Deluxe Provent Vault" refers both to the Service identified with such name and the electronic storage location made available to Customer in connection with such Service.
"Identity Theft Event" means:
- For individual Customers, the fraudulent misappropriation and use of Customer's name, social security number, credit card number(s) or other Protected Identity Elements in any manner that adversely affects any public records or credit reports concerning the Customer.
- For business Customers, the fraudulent misappropriation and use by persons or entities (other than agents, employees or contractors of Customer) purporting to act as or on behalf of Customer of either: Customer's official Business Name as used in combination with Customer's Tax ID Number (or in Canada, Customer's Business Number); or any Customer Credit Card Account Number(s) (duly issued credit cards for which Customer is an obligor) as registered by Customer as part of the applicable Service.
"Issuer" means the issuer of the applicable Registered Card.
"Losses" means, with respect to any Order any debits from Customer's checking account for cleared checks due to the Subject Check Fraud.
"Order" means the boxes of checks Customer has purchased under the EZShield Check Fraud Protection Program as part of a single order.
"Protected Identity Elements" means for an individual Customer who is subscribed for Deluxe Provent ID Protect: (1) 1 individual name; (ii) 1 street address; (iii) 1 e-mail address; (iv) 3 telephone numbers; (v) 1 Social Security Number; and (vi) 6 bank account or credit card numbers, to the extent these items are registered with EZShield as part of the Service and legitimately associated with the registered Customer.
"Registered Card" means a credit card, debit card and/or charge card issued in Customer's name which Customer has registered with EZShield in order for such card to be covered by the applicable Service.
"Resolution Specialist" is a named individual dedicated to Customer's Restoration case and who is certified with the following credentials:
- Certified Identity Theft Risk Management SpecialistTM (CITRMS) from The Institute of Fraud Risk Management
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (Associate or above)
- International Association of Financial Crime Investigators (Member or above)
- Consumer Data Industry Association (Fair Credit Reporting Act Exam)
"Service" means the EZShield service offering referenced in the applicable EZShield Service Description.
"Subject Check Fraud" means, with respect to a particular Identity Theft Event, any occurrence of:
- a forged signature (a legitimate blank check that is forged with the Customer's signature as the payer);
- a forged endorsement (a legitimate check that is endorsed and cashed or deposited by a person other than the designated payee based upon a fraudulent endorsement; or
- an altered check (a legitimate check that is fraudulently altered as to the designated payee, check amount, or otherwise so as to benefit the person altering the check).
Subject Check Fraud does not include counterfeit checks or any check that bears a legitimate original endorsement that is secondarily fraudulently endorsed.
"Vault Safety Deposit" refers both to the Service identified with such name and the electronic storage location made available to Customer in connection with such Service.