Last updated May 27, 2021
click here .
To receive copies of all such documents by e-mail,
Last updated May 27, 2021
Protecting privacy is not new to Deluxe Corporation (“Deluxe Financial Services” or "Deluxe"). We have a long history of recognizing and protecting the privacy of consumers. Deluxe is committed to protecting your privacy and utilizing technology to give you one of the safest and most powerful online experiences available. The following information will help you understand how Deluxe collects, uses, and safeguards the information you provide through this website http://deluxeprovent.ezshield.com. It also describes your choices regarding use, access and correction of your information. Deluxe wants to assure you that when it asks for customer information, its goal is to improve customer relationships and its delivery of services.
INFORMATION COLLECTION & USE
In connection with delivering the Deluxe Provent suite of services, we will collect personal information needed for the provider of Deluxe Provent ("EZShield") to retrieve credit report information from consumer credit reporting agencies and to perform other functions critical to delivering the services you request. This information includes but may not be limited to your name, Social Security number, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth, credit card or other payment information and service records.
Examples of how your personal information may be used include:
- Processing your application for these products or services.
- Verifying your identity and retrieve your credit report information.
- Providing these products or services to you, including customer service and payment processing.
- Facilitating credit & identity monitoring.
- Maintaining credit card inventory & restoration services.
- Providing you with secure access to digital off-site storage of your important documents.
For testimonials, we do obtain the customer's consent prior to posting their name along with their testimonial. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit through testimonials.
We use the information collected about you to process orders and to provide a more personalized and value-added experience. We may also use your information to communicate with you about products, services, and future promotions. For the purposes of order verification and fraud prevention, we may exchange information about our customers internally within Deluxe and among our affiliates.
INFORMATION SHARING AND YOUR CHOICES
Maintaining your privacy is important, and our commitment includes the following:
- We do not sell your information to third parties for marketing purposes.
- We do not share your information with our Affiliates for marketing purposes.
- We may disclose the information we collect from you to non-affiliated third parties who are acting on our behalf to perform the services delivered to you, such as customer support services or payment processing. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us, such as for order fulfillment, payment processing, or fulfilling subscription services, and are not permitted to use your information to offer their products or services except as authorized by your financial institution.
- In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet law enforcement requirements. We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request. Our subpoena policy can be reviewed here.
- If Deluxe is involved in a merger, acquisition, dissolution, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, Deluxe reserves the right to transfer your personal information. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership, uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information.
9920 Franklin Square Drive, Suite 250
Nottingham, MD 21236
Attn: Privacy Officer
Deluxe is committed to protecting your personal information. Security measures are in place on this website to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. We offer industry-standard security measures available through your web browser. When you are on this website, the sensitive information you provide such as credit card and financial information is encrypted with secure socket layer (SSL) technology and scrambled en route and decoded once it reaches us. Please remember that e-mail, which is different from the encrypted sessions above, is not secure. Therefore, we ask that you do not send sensitive information such as credit card or account numbers to us via an unsecured e-mail message.
TRACKING ACTIVITY ON OUR WEB SITE
In order to make your visit to our website as productive as possible, we track activity on our website. However, we want you to know that the tracking technology we use does not identify any personal information about you. It cannot retrieve data from your hard drive, pass on computer viruses, or capture any personal information about you, such as your name, address, phone number, or email address. We only know who you are if you tell us.
As is true with most websites, we gather certain information automatically when individuals browse our site and store it in log files. This information includes Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this non-personal information to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users' movements around the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, in order to improve the functionality of the Web site. We use a third-party tracking service that uses technology to track this non- personally identifiable information about visitors to our site in the aggregate.
Currently, various browsers offer a “do not track” or “DNT” option which sends a signal to websites visited by the user about the user's browser DNT preference setting. Deluxe does not currently commit to responding to browsers' DNT signals with respect to Deluxe’s websites, in part, because no common industry standard for DNT has been adopted, including no consistent standard of interpreting user intent.
CHILDREN VISITING OUR WEB SITES
This website is directed at adults. We do not knowingly collect or use information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware of any collection of personal information from children, we will delete it immediately.
OTHER WEB SITES LINKED TO DELUXE'S WEB SITES
Deluxe is not responsible for the content or information practices employed by other Web sites that are linked to or from this Web site. In most cases, links to non-Deluxe Web sites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of this Web site. In other cases, you may be presented with an opportunity to subscribe to or purchase third-party services. If you click on one of the presented offers, you will be redirected to the Web site of the third party, and any information you provide in response to the offer will be collected and used by the third party. Such information you provide to the third party and any dealings you have with the third party will be governed by the privacy and other policies of that third party.
OUR COMMITMENT TO THE GRAMM-LEACH-BLILEY ACT
Deluxe maintains policies and procedures to help ensure that consumer data is used appropriately and within the scope of applicable laws. Information is made available for fraud prevention and detection purposes and for authorized criminal or government investigations. This information is made available in order to protect consumers and financial services companies; these disclosures are permitted by law. Deluxe expresses our commitment to appropriate data use through our check-printing agreements with our financial institution clients.
Deluxe is a BBB accredited business and complies with BBBOnLine standards.
Click to verify our BBB accreditation and to see a current BBB report.
You may also review the Deluxe
Provent Annual Privacy Notice.
ACCESS AND CHOICE
Deluxe is committed to ensuring that the consumer information we obtain and use is accurate. You may log into your online account to review, update or correct the personally identifiable information that was collected online from you. Upon request Deluxe will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may access, correct or request deletion of your personal information by logging into your account or contacting us as described below. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and we will use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at the contact information listed below.
Deluxe Financial Services, Inc. Attn: Privacy Program Office
3660 Victoria Street N.
Shoreview, MN 55126
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third-party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Privacy Notice – California-Specific Addendum
If you are a California resident, the following provisions apply to our processing of information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household [subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act] (“California Personal Information”). For such residents, the provisions of this California Addendum prevail over any conflicting provisions of the Privacy Notice.
Deluxe has collected the following categories of California Personal Information within the last 12 months:
(A) Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
(B) Personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80 (California Customer Records statute). This means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual, including, but not limited to, his or her name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
(C) Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law.
(D) Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
(E) Biometric information.
(F) Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.
(G) Geolocation data.
(H) Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
(I) Professional or employment-related information.
(J) Education information, defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99).
(K) Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Within the last 12 months, within the meaning of the California Consumer Privacy Act, we have sold California Personal Information identified in the above categories A-K.
Within the last 12 months, we have disclosed California Personal Information identified in the above categories (A)-(K) for our business purposes. To learn more about the categories of third parties with whom we share such information, please see www.deluxe.com/policy.
We obtain California Personal Information from a variety of sources. [These sources include: yourself, with respect to both online and offline interactions you may have with us or our service providers; other entities with whom you transact; others with whom you maintain relationships who may deal with us on your behalf; the devices you use to access our websites, mobile applications, and online services; credit bureaus; identify verification and fraud prevention services; marketing and analytics providers; public databases; social media platforms; and others consistent with this Privacy Notice.] Please see www.deluxe.com/policy.
We use the California Personal Information we collect for the business purposes disclosed within this Privacy Notice. Please see www.deluxe.com/policy. Please note that the business purposes for which we may use your information include:
- Audits and reporting relating to particular transactions and interactions, including online interactions, you may have with us or others on our behalf;
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, and malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting the same;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors in our systems;
- Short-term, transient use including contextual customization of ads;
- Providing services on our behalf or on behalf of another, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, fulfilling transactions, verifying identity information, processing payments, and other services;
- Conducting internal research to develop and demonstrate technology; and
- Conducting activity to verify, enhance, and maintain the quality or safety of services or devices which we may own, control, or provide.
We may also use the information we collect for our own or our service providers’ other operational purposes, purposes for which we provide you additional notice, or for purposes compatible with the context in which the California Personal Information was collected.
Your California Rights
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights related to your California Personal Information. [You may exercise these rights free of charge except as otherwise permitted under applicable law.]
- Section 100 Rights. You have the right to request that we disclose to you the specific species of personal information we have collected.
- Section 105 Rights. You have the right to request that we delete California Personal Information about you which we have collected from you.
- Section 110 Rights. You may request that we disclose to you:
- the categories of California Personal Information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the California Personal Information is collected;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling California Personal Information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share California Personal Information; and
- the specific pieces of information we have collected about you.
- Section 115 Rights. To the extent that we sell your California Personal Information within the meaning of the California Consumer Privacy Act or disclose such information for a business purpose, you may request that we disclose to you:
- the categories of California Personal Information that we have collected about you;
- the categories of California Personal Information about you that we have sold within the meaning of the California Consumer Privacy Act and the categories of third parties to whom the California Personal Information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom the California personal information was sold; and
- the categories of California Personal Information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose.
- Right to Opt Out. In addition, we may sell your information within the meaning of the California Consumer Privacy Act. You have the right to opt out of such sales here. To submit an opt-out request, click here
You may request to exercise these rights by:
- By completing our rights request form available here [email protected]
- Calling us toll-free at 877-861-8985.
[As required or permitted under applicable law, please note that we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted under applicable law.] Subject to applicable law, we may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the above rights, or any other rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including by:
- Denying you goods or services;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
If you are a California resident, you have the right to opt out of our sales of certain information relating to individuals and households subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. To exercise this opt-out right, whether you have an account or not, please submit a request via [email protected]. If you do not have an account, include your name and email address or mailing address.